Hello! Welcome to the official website of Guizhou Zhijin Ancient City Culture and Tourism Development Co., Ltd.
PINGYUAN ANCIENT TOWN
ANCIENT TOWN
Historical and cultural
I. In the fourth year of Hongwu in the reign of Emperor Taizu of the Ming Dynasty (1371), the Guizhou Garrison was established, and the Shunyuan Xuanfu Si was renamed the Guizhou Xuanfu Si. In the sixth year of Hongwu (1373), the Guizhou Xuanfu Si was further reorganized into a Xuanwei Si. Binna comprised the four streams—Longgua, Diju, Duoli, and Aji—from the 13 streams of Shuixi, and was directly under the jurisdiction of the Guizhou Xuanwei Si’s commissioner.
II. The "History of the Ming Dynasty" refers to it as "Zhijin." According to the "Comprehensive Gazetteer of Geography," in the third year of Tianqi (1623), when the Governor of Qian, Wang Sanshan, pressed forward toward Dafang, An Bangyan fled into Zhijin. Soon after, Sanshan was lured by the rebels, and Bangyan thus regained his strength. In the ninth year of Chongzhen (1636), the Bila (Bina) stone fortress was built on the slopes of Fenghuang Mountain.
Third, in the eleventh month of the third year of the Kangxi era (1664), Wu Sangui pacified Shuixi. In the fourth year, the system of indigenous rule was abolished and replaced with direct administration; a major military garrison named Bilala was established. In the fifth year (1666), the area of Bilala was used to found Pingyuan Prefecture, which was placed under the jurisdiction of Guixi Circuit. The circuit administrator was stationed in Pingyang City (which later became the seat of Pingyuan Prefecture, now the county seat). In the twenty-third year (1684), in the first month, the prefecture was reorganized into a prefecture-level city, and the garrison was renamed a "xie." Initially under the jurisdiction of Weining, it later came under Dading.
4. In the second year of the Republic of China (1913), Pingyuan Prefecture was renamed Pingyuan County and placed under the jurisdiction of Guixi Circuit. On January 12 of the third year of the Republic of China (1914), continuing the name used during the Ming Dynasty—“Zhijin”—Pingyuan County was renamed Zhijin County.
Zhijin City, originally known as Pingyang City, was the seat of Pingyuan Prefecture (or State). It was first established in the 15th year of the Ming Wuzong reign and the prefecture was founded in the 5th year of the Qing Kangxi reign. By the 14th year of the Qing Qianlong reign, a stone city wall had been completed, with five gates—located to the southeast, northwest, and small east gate—opening up to the city. To date, the city boasts a history of 350 years. Before the Republic of China era, Zhijin was situated in a remote mountainous region with underdeveloped transportation. Nevertheless, it served as an important transit route for brine salt, running parallel to the ancient Silk Road in the north and potentially forming part of the “Southern Ancient Silk Road.” Scholars have thus hailed it as a key node along the Southern Ancient Silk Road.
Tracing back to ancient times, Zhijin has a history of human habitation spanning over a thousand years, dating from before the establishment of Jianping Yuanfu. During the reign of Emperor Xianzong of the Tang Dynasty, the Daitie Gelao were wiped out by Yi ethnic tribes and subsequently migrated to the eastern mountain region, where they built fortified settlements. Historical records refer to them as the “Dongshan Hanyang Tribe.” Today’s Zhijin-Pingyuan Ancient Town is precisely the original site of the Daitie Gelao and the Dongshan Hanyang Tribe. Thus, the construction of Pingyuan Ancient Town represents a restoration and re-presentation of history—a meticulous effort to trace its roots and faithfully recreate Pingyuan Ancient Town based on historical records. Let’s rebuild Pingyuan Ancient Town!

ZJpygz888